HOW TO TEXTURIZE YOUR HAIR AT HOME TO ACHIEVE EQUAL TEXTURED AND NOT OVERLY PROCESSED HAIR...




If you are texturized like me, we all know that the number one issue we all deal with is uneven curls through out your hair, or just simply over precessed hair, please keep reading to know how I achieve an evenly distributed curl on my hair. I decided to start texturizing my hair at home because I honestly got tired of stylist especially in Nigeria causing damage to my hair from my relaxed hair days. The first time I tried it, I was quite scared so its okay if you are too, but as time went on I got really good at it. These few easy steps will make it easy.

THIS IS A PRETTY GOOD SNAP SHOT OF HOW EVEN MY TEXTURIZED HAIR IS, I HAVE VERY LITTLE TO NO OVER PROCESSED HAIR...
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
timer, petroleum jelly, conditioner( excluding the one contained in the kit), shower cap (optional), a protein treatment (optional)
STEPS
  1. SECTION YOUR HAIR: Make sure its in workable,easy to loose sections, I love dividing my hair into about 10-12 bantu knots.

  1. PROTECT YOUR ALREADY PROCESSED ENDS: Coat the already texturized ends with petroleum jelly. This is so that if the texturizer accidentally touches the previously texturized hair, it will not get over processed. This step is a must do..
  2. TIME EVERYTHING: Set your timer to align with the exact moment the texturizer touches your hair. Make sure to follow the timing on the manual of your texturizer according to your hair type. I usually do not spend more than 12 mins
  3. APPLY TEXTURIZER SECTION BY SECTION AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE: Working with one section at a time use you fingers to further divide the hair into smaller portions and quickly apply the texturizer (avoid putting the texturizer on your napes and edges) and do not comb your hair while applying the texturizer, this will cause over processing, N. B: IF YOU HAVE STUBBORN HAIR APPLY A MORE GENEROUS AMOUNT OF THE TEXTURIZER TO YOUR HAIR RATHER THAN COMBING IT. 
  4. IMPROVISE: If you find that the time you chose has run out while you are on one section, cover the other section and wash and dry the texturized section. Continue with the next section.
  5. Make sure you apply a generous amount of texturizer.
  6. Apply texturizers to your napes and edges lastly.
  7. Then wash thoroughly
  8. PROTEIN TREAT (OPTIONAL): Use a protein treatment on your hair compensate for the protein which your hair lost during the process, I either use a hair mayonnaise and leave for 15mins or I use a regular moisturizer that contains protein after I dry my hair. 
  9.  Deep condition your hair, HERE is a very affordable deep conditioner option also AUNT JACKIES DEEP CONDITIONER REVIEW which is another conditioner I have been reaching out to lately.
  10. Style as usual and you are good to go.
  11. Here are some texturizer reviews on the blog CURLS AND NATURALS TEXTURE SOFTNER AND SOFT AND BEAUTIFUL BOTANICALS TEXTURIZER  

My updated wash day routine is coming soon to the blog so do drop your email addresses on the follow box to be updated..

Have you ever texturized your hair at home? Please do leave a comment I would love to hear from you...xoxo....



0 comments:

Post a Comment