DIY SUGAR LIP SCRUB



Hello everyone, now valentines day is around the corner which is what inspired this sugar lip scrub post and we have to get those lips ready for your Red lipstick and other thing (if you know what I mean)..hehehe...

I love this sugar lip scrub because of how yummy it smells, you might just be tempted to eat it, but you probably shouldn't, I think. It is also really effective at removing dead skin from your lips revealing pickier healthier lips....

INGREDIENTS


  1. 3 teaspoons of sugar
  2. 3 teaspoons of baking soda/ bicarbonate soda (I got mine from shoprite at Apo Abuja, Nigeria)
  3. Carrier oil (shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil etc.) I choose shea butter
  4. Essential oil (optional)
  5. Food colouring (optional)
  6. Flavour (optional)
STEPS
  1. Firstly, Add the sugar into a dry plate
  2. Secondly, add equal amount of baking soda
  3. Thirdly, mix it thoroughly
  4. Add melted shea butter (about a half teaspoon)
  5. Afterwards, add 10 drops of essential oil, I prefer using citrus essential oils because the vitamin C concentrated in them is really good for rejuvenating the skin and plus it makes your sugar lip scrub smell so amazing.
  6. Then add, two drops of food flavoring and a little food color (the flavor and coloring is totally up to you)
  7. Finally, mix thoroughly and your sugar lip scrub is ready...

HOW TO USE
I like to use this lip scrub my lips once-twice a week just to prevent over peeling. It is also quiet normal for you to experience a little peeling for a while but that is just all your dead skin falling off, afterwards it will all normalize. I absolutely have been loving this, especially because almost all my lipsticks are matte and I tend experience lots of drying on my lips...

Do try this recipe and tell me how it goes, Leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment