COMMON THINGS NIGERIANS DO THAT IS CAUSING YOUR ACNE/PIMPLES OR BACNE

There are certain things I see a lot of we Nigerians do and we have no idea that these things could be the cause of our break outs or at least is greatly aggravating it and here are a few of them.

 
VIA DWSUPPLIES.COM

SOAP: When I came across this somewhere, I didn`t believe it until I started practicing it myself. Soaps and body washes that contain soap can increase your acne or bacne, firstly because soap is a base and the skin prefers things of a more slightly acidic pH and second of all because it can be too drying (sensitive skin sha...). I recommend using body washes, face cleansers or soaps which are soap free. Good examples are sebamed soap bars, sebamed body washes, Olay face washes for "sensitive skin", Olay body washes are also soap free (the sebamed products I prefer because I can use them on my face as well, whereas the olay body washes I cant meaning i will have to spend more money getting the face wash separately). Be careful though when purchasing Olay products in Nigeria, look out for the shape of these bottles to know the original ones. Also I greatly advice using a gentle cleanser instead of cleansers which are directed towards acne. HERE are a whole list of affordable cleansers which are great for acne prone skin. 



OLAY BODYWASH


VIA ACNE.ORG
SEBAMED BAR
TIP: SOAP FREE CLEANSERS CAN BE REALLY PRICY, WHAT I DO TO MAKE THEM LAST A REALLY LONG TIME IS, I USE THE SOAP FREE CLEANSER ONLY ON MY FACE, BACK AND CHEST AND USE WHATEVER OTHER SOAP I HAVE ON THE REST OF MY BODY.


SPONGE: If you have acne or bacne I would suggest reducing the use of a sponge on your skin to 3 times a week instead of everyday of the week, also use loofahs because they are usually soft and can be tolerated by sensitive skin better.





Do not use a sponge on your face, if you cannot get you hands on one of those clarisonic like brushes, then use a loofah face sponge and even at that the use of this should not exceed twice a week.


TOO HOT WATER: When the water you use on your skin is too hot it can and will increase you acne or bacne, I recommend that the water should be warm or even room temperature.




TOWEL: Someone is like, nawa o! towel again..hehehe..yes towel, your towel should be clean at all times, I do not mean wash it everyday because ain`t nobody got time for that, but as often as possible. You see when you use towels, you are transferring bacteria to them and if you do not keep them clean the bacteria will grow and you will transfer it back to your skin when you use it again. I suggest having a seperate towel for your face if you can help it.
How you use your towel also matters, instead of rubbing it on your body, pat your body dry.

via polycab.com


BEDSHEETS AND PILLOWCASE: Your sheets especially your pillowcase should be clean at all times just like your towel, as a matter of fact anything that spends time on your body should be clean.


via pinterest.com

BODY SPRAYS AND PERFUMES: I actually recommended this to a friend when she started having some acne on her chest and it cleared up within a week. I told her to spray her perfumes and body sprays on her clothes rather than directly on her body. I highly suggest doing this if you spray stuff directly on your body, it may just be the culprit of your body acne.


VIA IGRAB.COM

MOISTURISERS: Last but definitely not the least on this list (feel my dry rhymes there..hehehe), and this a very common mistake we make, using the same moisturizer we use for our bodies on our faces. If you have sensitive skin note that the skin on your body is tougher and tolerates things better than the skin in your face and most moisturizer are designed with that in mind.



YOU CAN GET THIS FROM PRIMADERMA SKINCARE CENTER IN GWARIMPA, ABUJA. THEY ARE ALSO ONLINE.


I recommend getting a face moisturiser that is non comedogenic (meaning they do not clog pores) and hypoallerrgenic and those are the best i have tried so far.

Disclaimer: I am not a dermatologist, all these points are gotten mostly from my personal experience and experiences of others I know.


Thank you so much for reading, I hope this was helpful to you.. Share with someone who may need this.


I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment below, thank you..xoxo.

Here are some of my acne related post

how I finally cleared my acne - HERE

myths about acne save money and time - HERE

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips, Nelly.. The bedding part is so true! I try to change mine every week and seriously avoid spraying any kind of perfume directly on my skin.. I would suggest getting coconut oil or scented body oils or lotions instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that is definitely true boo..

    ReplyDelete